Monday, November 23, 2009

A Fall into Paris (photo essay #4)

"Paris is always a good idea." - Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina


This picture was taken at the bottom of the hill of the Sacre Cour.


When I walked back into the the gardens at Versailles one thing that caught my eye were these black balls on stick wires. They formed in these rows for probably a good hundred yards. I really do not like when modern art is placed in classical sites. I just found this so odd that I had to take a picture. Plus, I thought that the reds and yellows in the trees behind were so beautiful.


I really liked this green fence. I thought that it was perfect because in the summer it blends in with the green trees in the fall it compliments the yellow of the falling leaves and then it adds color in the winter when everything is brown. Of course Versailles would have the green fence.


I loved the Sky at Versailles on this day. I liked how few leaves were left on the tree but the branches were still so complex. On a color scale I really like the brown of the branches and the blue of the sky.


I wish I could have seen these trees in the Summer time when the leaves hung over the grass as you walk through. Instead it was like a preview to summer where the trees were stripped of their leaves and preparing for a pile of snow next to their roots.


I love the Fall!! I wanted to take all of these leaves form a huge pile and jump in it. I thought that Versailles would not be to happy with an American messing up their beautiful landscape. Oh well.. I loved how the leaves were left on the ground to admire and not "cleaned up" like other parks.


This picture is now what I picture when I think of Paris. I loved the river. I loved how the trees lined up against the river with different architecture of bringes all up and down the river with the city on either side.

No comments:

Post a Comment