Tuesday, December 8, 2009



For my last Shakespeare play a group of us went to a modern rendition of Twelfth Night. The whole night was beyond interesting. The play took place off of Archway tube stop, up a 20minute hike of a hill, in the second floor or a pub. Thinking is was a modern rendition of the Twelfth Night I was expecting the play to be quite similar to one of my favorite movies, She’s the Man. The whole time not meaning to I was comparing the two. This actually helped make more since of the play since I have never read Twelfth night before. The play was a modern version with the classic lines. It was interesting to see how the actors interpreted certain lines, such as a cloak were sunglasses, and songs were played on the “Wii”. It was an interesting interpretation of the play, but one I would not recommend. It did however, made me respect the comical, “She’s The Man” for all of the ties it includes to Twelfth Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment